Working together to better support Western Australian food exporters
There are many opportunities and challenges for both established and new food exporters to highly competitive international markets.
In Western Australia, government and industry organisations are working together to better support established, new and prospective food exporters to improve export-readiness; access to market and exporting information, advice and services; in-market information and contacts and risk mitigation strategies.
The Chamber of Commerce and Industry Western Australia is working with the WA Department of State Development, Austrade, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Export Finance and Insurance Corporation, Export Council of Australia, Department of Agriculture and Food Western Australia, Food Innovation Australia Ltd and the Department of Regional Development toward establishing a Western Australia Food Exporters’ Alliance (WAFEA).
The proposed alliance of WA agri-food companies, related industry bodies and relevant government agencies and service providers will aim to grow exporter capability and export process efficiently and expand existing export markets (especially for high-value, high-growth products).
The alliance is to be a business-focused organisation that will bring together like-minded organisations to work together to achieve the following:
- Establish a focal point for other service providers to access and inform agrifood exporters on opportunities (i.e. trade and investment opportunities presenting from in-market);
- Better coordination among different export assistance schemes;
- Greater coordination to promote more rapid resolution of in-market access issues affecting WA agrifood export industries;
- Establish a network to share experiences and utilise shared knowledge to more efficiently and profitably export;
- Learn from each other about strategies to reduce risks;
- Assist peers in non-competitive industries to leverage off existing business relationships through established supply channels; and
- Improve export coordination and services to optimise logistical efficiencies.
If you are a WA food exporter or are planning to begin exporting, or an export service provider interested in joining with others, please register your interest by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org