The WA Defence Industry Council is a Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Western Australia (CCI) initiative comprising WA industry and representatives from state and federal government who advocate on behalf of the local defence industry and deliver the best value defence outcomes for Australia.
Our goal is to promote WA defence capability and capacity.
Defence Industry Council Objectives
- Establish WA along with SA as the nation’s two strategic locations for naval and commercial shipbuilding, upgrade and sustainment
- Maximise WA’s contribution to all upcoming Naval build programs:
- Pacific Patrol Boats
- Offshore Patrol Vessels
- Future Frigates and Submarines
- Continue and increase upgrade and sustainment work on:
- ANZAC class frigates
- Collins class submarines
- Future classes of naval combatants
- Develop and promote WA as a centre for defence training, education and research
- Become a centre of maritime manufacturing excellence, combining defence and the oil and gas industry
- Expand defence and commercial exports
We have successfully delivered Henderson as one of the two strategic locations for naval shipbuilding maintenance and sustainment and we continue to work to maximise opportunities for local defence industry across all future vessel projects, including:
SEA 1180 Offshore Patrol Vessel Program
Register your interest to be considered for supply chain opportunities in the SEA 1180 Offshore Patrol Vessel program. Remember, there are currently three short-listed bidders, so you will need to register for each to ensure you’re considered. Please also take the time to consider how your business is best placed to support the program, and be targeted in your registration.
Register your business as soon as possible to ensure you’re considered.
SEA 5000 Future Frigate Project
The Future Frigate program will replace Australia’s existing fleet of ANZAC Class frigates and the project is estimated to be worth at least $35 billion. Assembly will be in Adelaide, however there are opportunities for businesses across the nation to be involved through the supply chain.
Register your business with the shortlisted bidders below:
SEA 1000 Future Submarines Project
French company DCNS has been selected as the international partner for the design of Australia’s 12 new Future Submarines. This will be the largest defence project in Australia’s history, representing an investment of over $50 billion.
Register your interest in the DCNS industry and innovation portal.