WA Defence Industry Council
The WA Defence Industry Council is a CCI initiative supported by Premier Colin Barnett and Senator Linda Reynolds to bring together Western Australia’s defence industry to work with Federal and State Governments to provide the best value defence outcomes for Australia.
SEA 1180 Offshore Patrol Vessel Program
Register your interest to be considered for supply chain opportunities in the SEA 1180 Offshore Patrol Vessel program. Remember, there are currently three short-listed bidders, so you will need to register for each to ensure you’re considered. Please also take the time to consider how your business is best placed to support the program, and be targeted in your registration.
Register your business as soon as possible to ensure you’re considered.
Defence Industry Council Objectives
- Establish WA along with SA as the nation’s two strategic locations for
naval and commercial shipbuilding, upgrade and sustainment
- Maximise WA contribution to all upcoming Naval build programs:
- Pacific Patrol Boats
- Offshore Patrol Vessels
- Future Frigates
- Future Submarines
- Continue and increase upgrade and sustainment work on:
- ANZAC class frigates
- Collins class submarines
- Future classes of naval combatants
- Develop and promote WA as a centre for defence training, education
- Become a centre of maritime manufacturing excellence, combining
defence and the oil and gas industry
- Expand defence and commercial exports
For more information, please contact Joe Doleschal-Ridnell, CCI National Policy Adviser on 0419 901 731 or email Joe.Doleschal-Ridnell@cciwa.com.
CCI Chief Executive Deidre Willmott has spread the word about WA’s defence capabilities to Europe’s shipbuilding heartland in France, Germany and the Netherlands.
► Read more