This course is ideal for those workers who will form part of the accident investigation team, including line managers, supervisors and health and safety representatives.
Workplaces have a legal and moral obligation to investigate accidents and learn from them, with the intention to prevent recurrence and achieve a safer workplace.
Participants will take part in practical training exercises including interviewing witnesses, developing the incident timeline, identifying root causes and contributing factors, and reporting.
There are a number of ways to investigate accidents. This course follows the guidance provided by WorkSafe WA in order to determine:
- The facts or chain of events leading to the accident
- The cause or causes of the incident
- Any unsafe conditions, acts or procedures
- Corrective actions that should be taken to remedy the unsafe conditions, acts or procedures
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Materials and catering
- CCIWA will supply all course materials for you to confidently complete your training.
- Morning tea, tea and coffee are included.
- CCIWA, 180 Hay Street, East Perth
Member Price $385
Standard Price $495
If there are no sessions for your preferred date available online – please contact the CCIWA Training team on (08) 9365 7500.