If you are responsible for HR in the business, then you hold an important role in an organisation ensuring compliance with employment law and this course is for you.
In recent years, the need for managers and HR professionals to understand their obligations has been underlined by the potential for personal fines to be issued under the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth).
As employment law is a complex and ever-changing field, it is important to know how to be able to find the answers you need.
Designed for anyone is who is responsible for the HR function, this course will provide participants with:
- Confidence to navigate the Fair Work Act 2009.
- In-depth understanding of HR critical parts of the National Employment Standards, and how these interact with other instruments.
- Knowledge to protect yourself and the business against costly unfair dismissal and general protections claims.
- Ability to recognise discrimination and harassment and what you need to do to train employees and properly manage complaints.
- Overviews of transfer of business, industrial action, stand down, lawful deductions, record keeping and more.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Materials and catering
- CCIWA will supply all course materials for you to confidently complete your training.
- Morning tea, afternoon tea, lunch at a restaurant nearby, tea and coffee are also included.
- CCIWA, 180 Hay Street, East Perth
Member Price $544.50
Standard Price $654.50
If there are no sessions for your preferred date available online – please contact the CCIWA Training team on (08) 9365 7500.