All elected Safety and Health Representatives must complete this comprehensive 5-day training course within 12 months of being appointed.Although this is an introductory course to the important role of a modern SHR, attendees will gain in-depth knowledge and the necessary skills to become an effective SHR, accredited by the OSH Commission.
The course will also ensure that participants gain the confidence they need to help improve the overall safety performance and make a real difference to the safety culture of their organisation.
After completing the course, participants can use this as a recognition of prior learning credit towards their Certificate III in OHS qualification at an RTO of their choosing.
This course is designed by WorkSafe WA and delivered by our safety and risk specialists from our Training Partner, RPS Energy, a registered training organisation here in Perth.
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to understand:
- Legislation relevant to the role and functions of a Safety and Health Representative
- Communicate effectively on safety and health matters to represent employees in your elected area
- Issue resolution processes
- Know your role in the OHS committee
- Be conversant with WorkSafe WA and their inspectors and be able to access and utilise WorkSafe WA information in relation to safety matters
- The process of conducting workplace inspections
- Issue a Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN)
- Hazard and risk management processes
- Write a job safety analysis (JSA)
- Your involvement in an investigation process
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Training takes place at CCIWA, with our facilitator delivering the group a full course curriculum with practical exercises. Morning tea, afternoon tea and lunch are provided.
- Member Price $990
- Standard Price $1,100
Location – CCIWA, Level 5, 235 St Georges Terrace, Perth
If there are no sessions for your preferred date available online – please contact the CCIWA Training team on (08) 9365 7500.
Training Disclaimer: Please note CCIWA reserves the right to cancel any face-to-face or online course before the commencement date in the event of insufficient registrations or operational difficulties. In the event of such cancellation, all registered participants will be notified.