This comprehensive guide contains everything you need to know as an employer about long service leave in Western Australia.
It includes information on:
- the scope and application of relevant State law and it’s interaction with employment legislation and industrial instruments;
- eligibility for long service leave;
- calculating the quantum and hours where they have changed over time;
- determining the appropriate rate including for commission only and piece rate payment systems;
- options for access to the entitlement such as cashing out;
- taking long service leave in advance;
- delaying the taking of leave;
- freezing the rate at which the entitlement is payable at; and
- record keeping requirements and the effect of transmission of business on the entitlement.