This practical, information-packed session is designed for people in any industry or role who need a basic introduction to workplace health and safety.
It will provide you with an understanding of your legislative OSH duties and responsibilities, equip you with the skills to identify and assess risk and enable you to communicate safety and health matters confidently with team members and your supervisors.
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand your key occupational health and safety (OHS) duties from the OHS Act 1984 and OHS Regulations 1996
- Understand and apply the principles of 'SAMM': spot the hazard - assess the risk - make the change - monitor and review
- Carry out a basic job safety analysis
- Understand key elements of hazardous substances and how to use Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
There are no pre-requisites for this course. Upon successful completion of this course, further learning opportunities at CCIWA include Safety for Supervisors.
- 9:00am to 4:30pm (8:45am registration)
- 23 July 2019
- 8 October 2019
Materials and catering:
- CCIWA will supply all course materials for you to confidently complete your training.
- Morning tea, afternoon tea, lunch at a restaurant nearby, tea and coffee is also included.
Please call us on (08) 9365 7500 or complete the enquiry form below.