All elected Safety and Health Representatives (SHR) must complete this comprehensive 5-day training course within 12 months of being appointed.
Although this is an introductory course to the important role of a modern SHR, attendees will gain in-depth knowledge and the necessary skills to become an effective SHR, accredited by the OSH Commission.
The course will also ensure that participants gain confidence they need to help improve the overall safety performance and make a real difference to the safety culture of their organisation.
After completing the course, participants can use this as a recognition of prior learning credit (RPL) towards their Certificate III in OHS qualification at an RTO of their choosing.
This course is designed by WorkSafe WA and delivered by our safety and risk specialists from our Training Partner, RPS Energy, a registered training organisation (RTO) here in Perth.
Offering great value for money, attendees will also receive morning and afternoon tea, lunch at a restaurant nearby, plus bottomless tea and coffee each day.
This course is designed for: Elected Safety and Health Representatives
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand legislation relevant to the role and functions of a Safety and Health Representative
- Communicate effectively on safety and health matters to represent employees in your elected area
- Understand issue resolution processes
- Know your role in the OHS committee
- Be conversant with WorkSafe WA and their inspectors and be able to access and utilise WorkSafe WA information in relation to safety matters
- Understand the process of conducting workplace inspections
- Issue a Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN)
- Understand hazard and risk management processes
- Write a job safety analysis (JSA)
- Understand your involvement in an investigation process
- 5 days, 9.00am - 4.30pm (8.45am registration)
- 25 February – 1 March 2019
- 25 – 29 March 2019 (Broome)
- 13 – 17 May 2019
- 15 – 19 July 2019
- 23 – 27 September 2019
- 18 – 22 November 2019
Materials and catering:
- CCIWA will supply all course materials for you to confidently complete your training.
- Morning tea, afternoon tea and lunch is also included (Perth courses only; Broome courses include bottomless tea/coffee).
Please call us on (08) 9365 7500 or complete the enquiry form below.