From little things big things grow and thanks to the generosity of Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Western Australia (CCI) Members, our future workforce is being given a chance to flourish.
Many CCI Members take the opportunity to make a voluntary contribution to the Education Development Fund when they pay their annual fees.
Contributions not only feed a desire to meet social corporate responsibilities, but allow businesses large and small to contribute what they can, knowing that whatever the amount it will go a long way to achieving significant outcomes.
How Member contributions to the Education Development Fund help CCI make a difference:
- Prepare guides for students and graduates and deliver workforce education programs to schools and community groups
- Sponsor academic excellence and teacher of the year awards
- Run student economic forums to encourage high school students studying economics to prepare for their exams and start considering career aspirations that can be built from an economics degree
- Host boardroom lunches to work with disengaged youth
- Provide funding support for the annual Teachers' Engagement Forum, aimed at assisting teachers with strategies to work with disengaged youth
- Run personal development days for teachers to get access to industry professionals
- Deliver parent talks about how to guide young people through career decisions
- Send staff to places like prisons, where we provide career advice to help people transition back into the workforce
- Sponsor events such as the Perth Special Children’s Christmas Party and the Youth Futures Pipeline Challenge
- Sponsor and participate in youth development initiatives such as Get Into Resources, Youth Connect Skills Expo and Just Start IT
P: Linda Winter (08) 9365 7539