The guide, developed in conjunction with the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACCI), contains advice on:
- Talking to staff about vaccinations;
- Implementing mandatory vaccinations;
- Offering incentives to encourage employees to get vaccinated;
- Potential liabilities if employees have an adverse reaction to vaccines; and
- Asking employees about their vaccination status.
CCIWA has helped secure government support payments for business affected by lockdowns, but acknowledges that reaching safe levels of community vaccination against COVID-19 is the only way to get business back on track.
The Fair Work Ombudsman’s advice on the issue reinforced the need for businesses looking at mandating vaccines to get legal advice.
Businesses are strongly encouraged to seek legal advice on the issue of mandating vaccines, which CCIWA’s team of workplace relations lawyers can provide.
CCIWA’s Workplace Relations Director Ryan Martin is hosting a webinar on the topic for business on September 8.
CCIWA’s workplace relations lawyers can be contacted via 1300 422 492 or BusinessLawWA@cciwa.com.
Up-to-date information on WA’s COVID-19 restrictions can be found at CCIWA’s COVID-19 page.
For general advice and guidance, contact CCIWA’s Employee Relations Advice Centre on (08) 9365 7660 or firstname.lastname@example.org.