Applications for the Austrade’s Landing Pad program close on February 4 so be quick for the chance to experience an overseas innovation hub.
With Landing Pads in San Francisco, Tel Aviv, Shanghai, Berlin and Singapore, successful applicants can immerse themselves in taking their start up or scale up to the next level.
The program includes a 90-day residency at one of the hubs, which are part of the Federal Government’s national innovation and science agenda to stimulate innovation and entrepreneurship.
Australian market-ready start-ups will be immersed in an environment that will help them accelerate the design and development of their product or service business model by exploring in-market business development, investment, mentorship and strategic partnership opportunities.
The program will provide successful applicants with a workspace for up to 90 days within an established start-up accelerator, giving you the opportunity to work alongside some of the best start-up enterprises from around the world and access to an ecosystem of talent, advice and solutions.
Successful applicants will have access to all the services offered by the accelerator including coaching, introductions to mentors, investors and customers, training opportunities, tailored networking events and state-of-the-art workspace facilities.
An Austrade Landing Pad coordinator based in the market will also provide you with:
- guidance on identifying and targeting customers
- advice on how to access angel investors, venture capital and other potential sources of investment
- introductions to local government agencies offering support programs for new businesses and startups
- advice on how to leverage networks in the market to meet with peers, decision makers and influencers
- referrals to professional services and advisory firms
- advice on how to negotiate the local business culture