Payroll professionals provide pivotal support to their organisation through their knowledge of employee entitlements. There have been many changes to these entitlements in recent years and they are becoming increasingly complex. With this in mind, it is important to understand where employee entitlements come from and how to interpret these entitlements to apply them in a practical sense. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the course will also include important information in light of the Jobkeeper payments.
Designed for anyone who is responsible for payroll function, during this course participants will learn how to:
- Identify employee entitlements and where they’re derived from
- Interpret application of awards/agreements, legislation and contracts
- Understand the hierarchy of industrial instruments (awards, legislation, contracts etc.) and what instrument applies at any given time
- Understand the National Employment Standards (NES) and how this affects employment entitlements
- Calculate wages including penalty rates and overtime payments
- Calculate annual and sick leave accruals
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
During COVID-19 isolation, the course will be delivered as a facilitated webinar. Our expert trainer will take you through the course content, step by step.
- Member Price $328.90
- Standard Price $438.90
Training takes place at CCIWA, with our facilitator delivering the group a full course curriculum with practical exercises. Morning tea, afternoon tea and lunch are provided.
- Member Price $544.50
- Standard Price $654.50
Location – CCIWA, Level 5, 235 St Georges Terrace, Perth
If there are no sessions available online, please contact the CCIWA Training team on (08) 9365 7500.