Payroll professionals provide pivotal support to their organisation through their knowledge of employee entitlements. There have been many changes to these entitlements in recent years and they are becoming increasingly complex.
With this in mind, it is important to understand where employee entitlements come from and how to interpret these entitlements to apply them in a practical sense.
Designed for anyone who is responsible for payroll function, during this course participants will learn how to:
- Identify employee entitlements and where they’re derived from
- Interpret application of awards/agreements, legislation and contracts
- Understand the hierarchy of industrial instruments (awards, legislation, contracts etc.) and what instrument applies at any given time
- Understand the National Employment Standards (NES) and how this affects employment entitlements
- Calculate wages including penalty rates and overtime payments
- Calculate annual and sick leave accruals
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Materials and catering
- CCIWA will supply all course materials for you to confidently complete your training.
- Morning tea, afternoon tea, lunch at a restaurant nearby, tea and coffee are also included.
- CCIWA, 180 Hay Street, East Perth
Member Price $544.50
Standard Price $654.50
If there are no sessions available online, please contact the CCIWA Training team on (08) 9365 7500.