What is the Education Development Fund?
We are humbled and proud that our Members overwhelmingly support the Education Development Fund (EDF) via voluntary contributions alongside their annual membership fees.
With these vital funds, the EDF provides financial support to uplift and motivate young Western Australians who come from social disadvantage, poverty or in-need communities.
With Members’ generous contributions and CCIWA’s support, our collective efforts enable us to profoundly influence the lives of underprivileged youths, enriching accessibility, fairness and educational outcomes.
Your support genuinely makes a difference.
How many people have we helped?
How does your contribution help?
- The Smith Family charity: Members’ valuable contributions help sponsor at least 75 school students across nine in-need communities to help them through their education journey.
- The Clontarf Foundation: We sponsor 10 WA Aboriginal students to help improve their engagement with mainstream schooling, year 12 completion rates, and post-school education and employment outcomes.
- Career inspiration: We offer career excursions and opportunities with our Members for disadvantaged teens.
- Academic excellence: Sponsorship of economics, business and law student prizes at ECU since 2012 and Murdoch University since 2011.
- Mentoring: Our CCIWA team will support the career aspirations of youths over an 18-week program.
- Leadership events: We will support events through the provision of motivating speakers inspiring WA youth to reach their potential.
- Empowering teachers: Supporting WA’s largest educators’ conference, Engagement Forum WA, to help train and educate those working with disengaged youth.
Engagement Forum WA
CCIWA is a founding committee member and supporter of this yearly forum at ECU. Running since 2014, it brings together more than 250 education and training practitioners, youth agency staff and community groups working in the youth services field to learn about engagement programs and services that support school-aged people to stay engaged with their education or alternative education programs, training and employment options.
Your voluntary contributions help provide financial support to disadvantaged youths.
Together we inspire and motivate young people to continue their education journey.
We motivate education providers to empower youth towards valuable career options.
We have helped thousands of children reach their potential.
Your support makes a difference.