Web plan for small business
So you want a website? You’re not technical and you’ve been putting it off because it’s way outside your area of expertise. And you can see this could be a money pit, right?
It doesn’t have to be.
With a basic plan and some sound guidance, you can make your website an investment that works hard for your business with measurable benefits.
Here are some tips for the stages of setting up and operating a website that will help achieve your business goals. It will also give you some inside tips on how to avoid costly mistakes.
Things to consider in a web plan
Before you start, consider the following:
- Why you need a website
- What your market research tells you
- What your business requirements will be
Next, consider what it means when it comes to building the website:
- What’s feasible?
- Which web editing software will you need?
- What web ranking considerations are there?
- What sort of design do you want?
- What will be your site structure and navigation?
- What will your content include?
- How will you test your site?
After your site is launched
- Measure the success of your website using analytics
- Consider ways of driving traffic to your website.