Application of Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions) apply to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Western Australia Limited (CCIWA) memberships and to the purchase of CCIWA publications.
All members agree to be bound by, and comply with, CCIWA’s constitution (the Constitution), by-laws, the rules and regulations of the Board and/or Council (as appropriate) and these Terms and Conditions, as amended or varied, from time to time.
As a company limited by guarantee, members provide a guarantee under the Constitution in the event of a winding up. The guarantee is limited to the membership fee as detailed in your membership application form.
A membership year for CCIWA membership commences on the date you join CCIWA and ends on the 12-month anniversary of joining (Membership Year).
CCIWA membership will continue until a written resignation of membership is received by CCIWA.
You agree to pay CCIWA the annual membership fee (the Annual Membership Fees) as detailed in your membership application form or as determined by CCIWA from time to time.
The Annual Membership Fees are GST exclusive unless provided otherwise.
CCIWA offers two options for payment of the Annual Membership Fees:
- one-off total payment in full; or
- 12-monthly instalment payments by direct debit.
- The one-off payment of the Annual Membership Fees will be payable in full up front upon applying for membership (or seeking renewal or reinstatement of membership for subsequent Membership Years (as the case may be)).
- If your membership is resigned during a Membership Year, the one-off payment of the Annual Membership Fees for that Membership Year will not be refunded.
12-monthly instalment payments:
- Members may choose to take up the 12-monthly instalment plan for payment of the Annual Membership Fees. This option is only available if payments are received via direct debit and up front on the start date of the membership period. The first monthly instalment is payable up front upon applying for membership (or seeking renewal or reinstatement of membership for subsequent Membership Years (as the case may be)) and the remaining balance of the Annual Membership Fees is split equally by the remaining 11 months in the Membership Year. For the remaining 11 months the direct debit will occur each month on the same day that the first debit order occurred.
- Members who have chosen to pay the Annual Membership Fees by 12-monthly instalments must ensure that all payments are completed and that the total Annual Membership Fees have been paid by the end of the Membership Year.
- If a member chooses to resign their membership prior to the end of the Membership Year, the balance of their Annual Membership Fees (being, all remaining monthly instalments) are due and payable immediately upon resignation.
Resignation and termination
You may resign your membership at any time by written notice to CCIWA.
Written notice of resignation of your CCIWA membership should be sent to:
CCIWA Membership Team
PO Box 7298
Perth CBD WA 6850
Or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
CCIWA may terminate your membership if you do not pay your membership fees for more than 30 days after they are due for payment.
CCIWA provides its members with a range of services and benefits as part of its membership. The provision of such services and benefits is at all times at the absolute discretion of CCIWA and is subject to change, variation or cancellation at any time.
CCIWA makes no representation or promise that the services offered at the time of joining CCIWA or renewal of membership will continue to be provided to members.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
From time to time, CCIWA may update these Terms and Conditions. The updated Terms and Conditions will apply to all membership applications from the time of posting on our website and onwards.
In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and the Constitution, the Constitution prevails.
Any provision of, or the application of any provision of, these Terms and Conditions which is void, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction does not affect the validity, legality or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction or of the remaining provisions in that or other jurisdiction.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Western Australia. Each party irrevocably submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Western Australia.
Membership, and the rights of being a CCIWA member, are personal to the member and are not transferable.