If you are responsible for HR in the business, then you hold an important role in an organisation ensuring compliance with employment law and this course is for you. In recent years, the need for managers and HR professionals to understand their obligations has been underlined by the potential for personal fines to be issued under the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth).
As employment law is a complex and ever-changing field, it is important to know how to be able to find the answers you need.
Designed for anyone who is responsible for the HR function, this course will provide participants with:
- Confidence to navigate the Fair Work Act 2009.
- In-depth understanding of HR critical parts of the National Employment Standards, and how these interact with other instruments.
- Knowledge to protect yourself and the business against costly unfair dismissal and general protections claims.
- Ability to recognise discrimination and harassment and what you need to do to train employees and properly manage complaints.
- Overviews of transfer of business, industrial action, stand down, lawful deductions, record keeping and more.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Training takes place at CCIWA, with our facilitator delivering the group a full course curriculum with practical exercises. Morning tea, afternoon tea and lunch are provided.
- Member Price $544.50
- Standard Price $654.50
Location – CCIWA, Level 5, 235 St Georges Terrace, Perth
If there are no sessions for your preferred date available – please contact the CCIWA Training team on (08) 9365 7500.
Training Disclaimer: Please note CCIWA reserves the right to cancel any face-to-face or online course before the commencement date in the event of insufficient registrations or operational difficulties. In the event of such cancellation, all registered participants will be notified.