In this data-driven world, it is crucial for businesses to know how to protect and retain their data, alongside having a clear plan for responding to data breaches. However, navigating the legal requirements and regulations can be difficult without the right tools. There’s no time like the present to create a data protection awareness program.
This introductory Data Protection and Data Breach Incident Response Starter Kit contains policies which are intended to provide organisations with minimum standards and basic protocols for:
- Handling data;
- Reporting data breach incidents;
- Managing privacy issues;
- Managing the organisation’s technology and devices; and
- Employees to raise concerns covered by the policies and any breaches of legislation.
Compiled by our lawyers in the Commercial Legal team, this starter kit contains:
- Data Protection and Retention Policy;
- Data Breach Policy and Incident Response Plan;
- Whistleblowing Policy;
- Acceptable Use of IT Policy.
The policies include straightforward steps on how you can manage data in line with privacy laws, identify different categories of data and their specific legal retention periods and a step-by-step guide on how to effectively respond and manage a data breach from beginning to end.
Please note, prior to purchase you should contact the Commercial Legal team if your business:
- owns or operates critical infrastructure – it is mandatory to report certain types of cyber security incidents;
- is a global organisation and works with clients, and service providers or has other commercial interests outside of Australia; or
- is required under the Corporations Act to have a Whistleblowing Policy.
If any of the above applies to you, the Commercial Legal team can assist with tailoring policies to fit your business.