This course gives participants a broad understanding of the accident investigation process.
Workplaces have a legal and moral obligation to investigate accidents and learn from them, with the intention to prevent recurrence and achieve a safer workplace.
There are a number of ways to investigate accidents. This course follows the guidance provided by WorkSafe WA in order to determine:
- The facts or chain of events leading to the accident
- The cause or causes of the incident
- Any unsafe conditions, acts or procedures
- Corrective actions that should be taken to remedy the unsafe conditions, acts or procedures
The course is ideal for those workers who will form part of the accident investigation team, including line managers, supervisors and health and safety representatives.
Participants will take part in practical training exercises including interviewing witnesses, developing the incident timeline, identifying root causes and contributing factors, and reporting.
- CCIWA, 180 Hay Street, East Perth
- May 20 2020
- August 19 2020
- November 18 2020
Materials and catering:
- CCIWA will supply all course materials for you to confidently complete your training.
Please call us on (08) 9365 7500 or complete the enquiry form below.